Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Swirl Cookies

Hello, world!  Did you miss me?  I just realized the other day that I haven't posted here since the end of September!  I've been cooking, but I just haven't had time to photograph or write about my food.  I don't really know what happened.  One day it was September and the next...poof!...it was December.  I'm hoping to get back to blogging seriously after the new year, but until then, I'd like to share a couple of links to recipes that I made at home recently.  The first were these deliciously light swirl cookies.  They take a little time and attention, but they are worth it.  This is a basic sable cookie (a not-overly-sweet French sugar cookie) that is crisp, light and as my husband puts it, "ethereal."  Thanks to Sprinkle Bakes for this holiday go-to cookie!

**I made a couple of slight changes to the recipe.  Instead of using red food coloring and strawberry flavoring, I used green food coloring and peppermint extract.  :-)  I also didn't have any cake flour, so I used all-purpose flour minus four tablespoons and added four tablespoons of corn starch.

Subscribe to free updates from The World in My Kitchen

Bassombear February 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Artikelnya sangat bermanfaat sekali, semoga artikel ini menjadi yang terpopuler di website ini.
Tampilan blog yang dinamis membuat pengunjung betah untuk berlama-lama melihat isi artikel yang sangat bagus ini
Kunjungi juga website saya Info Online | http://bassombear.blogspot.com

Carole March 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Mindy, just letting you know that your link to Food on Friday: Chillies and Other Spicy Stuff was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Have a nice week.

Corporate events May 30, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Well, that's excellent article! I enjoy reading the articles that have good information and ideas to share with each reader.

gucci replica March 18, 2014 at 3:15 AM

One story that makes its way through the set in a couple of different ways involves Master Kensei as he finds out that his older brother is in Japan looking for him. Sogetsu has a long time grudge against his brother for things from their past that deals with just differences in their personalities. Though Sogetsu is here to fight him, Kensei's daughter is also here and looking for him. She's intent on bringing him back to China where he's the master of a school of a hundred thousand students, something he turned over to his wife before leaving. Renka has little time for Kenichi during this but as the episodes go on and she gets more involved, she starts to see more in Kenichi because of how he's involved with everyone at Ryozanpake chanel replica and that there simply must be something more to him. This leads to some competition between her hermes outlet and Miu that's comical, especially when Miu treats her like a kitty and skritches her chin.

change of name after marriage June 4, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Wow: what a lovely places............

nose studs wholesaler Thailand July 31, 2014 at 2:13 AM

It is really interesting, I hope everybody lick this Post.

Residential in Houses July 31, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Thank you for supplying these details.