Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stovetop Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

I don't know about where you live, but here in Kentucky, we've had a hot summer--so much so that I haven't wanted to turn the oven on at all. The problem is that our CSA has been giving us wonderful fingerling potatoes all summer, and although they taste great roasted, I just can't bring myself to cook them that way.

The other day, I was trying to figure out what I could do with them that was fast and easy, and upon a trusty Google search, I found Ina Garten's recipe for what she calls "Dill Fingerling Potatoes," but what I now call "Stovetop Roasted Fingerling Potatoes." I tried this with dill the first time, but I've also tried it with basil (pictured above). I think any leafy herb would work well in this, actually. The potatoes come out creamy on the inside and satisfyingly crispy on the outside.

Stovetop Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Basil
adapted from Ina Garten's Dill Fingerling Potatoes

2 Tbl unsalted butter
1 pound fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
Pepper to taste
1 1/2 - 2 Tbl chopped fresh basil (or dill or other herb of your choice)

In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt the butter. Add the potatoes, salt and pepper, cover the pot, and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are just knife tender. Shake the pot or stir occasionally so that the potatoes don't stick to the bottom or burn. Turn off the heat and let the potatoes steam with the cover on for about five more minutes. Add the basil and toss. Serve.

Subscribe to free updates from Mindy's Mouthful

My Carolina Kitchen September 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Beautiful potatoes. Love the addition of the basil.
Ina rocks!
Sam

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction September 7, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Those potatoes look lovely! I am still waiting for some yummy potatoes from our CSA!

Vanessa October 10, 2010 at 7:16 PM

My hubby loves potatoes so I will have to give this recipe a try! I have never roasted potatoes with basil before=)

bibi May 3, 2015 at 2:47 AM

It seems that anybody hopes to gucci replica own a appealing aerial beautiful handbag. We can generally see the appearance accessories arise in appearance magazines and appearance shows in the television. We will acquisition that the role of appearance artist handbags is acceptable added and added important in our circadian life. Top designers aswell accumulate their absorption on designing altered sizes, colors, shapes and materials. There are lots of acclaimed brands in the backpack market. Thus, the chanel replica antagonism a part of the acclaimed brands is actual nervous. There are assorted beautiful handbags for every accessible occasions. If you wish to appear black occasions, you can accept claws to bout your style. In day time, you can backpack bung aback accoutrements for yourself. If you were a business woman, you can acquirement structured handbags to brace able-bodied with you. In a word, there are abounding altered styles to accommodated appearance lovers' demands to appear altered occasions. Is it all-important for trendsetters to absorb accoutrements of hundreds of dollars on a backpack or a faddy bag? I anticipate that altered bodies accept altered answers. If you are liveing in the amphitheater of the affluent who consistently acquirement big-ticket goods, it agency that you accept the adeptness to prada belts allow the affluence things. Thus, I anticipate that it is actual all-important for you to pay hundreds of dollars for a admirable purse. Or conceivably you are just a appearance adeptness adult with accomplished taste. Today, admirable accept bags, appearance handbags, chichi wallets, artist purses, accidental backpacks, aerial black purses, briefcases and totes are all fabricated by designers. Searching online, you will acquisition that there are abounding online food accessible to action a huge accumulating of assorted artist handbags to the trendsetters. There are amaranthine pages for you to louis vuitton replica browse slowly.

ghada September 4, 2017 at 7:59 AM