Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Little Bites of Strasbourg--Swedish Bombes

One of our favorite recent finds in the Strasbourg Christmas market are Swedish Bombes. I think they're called something a little less PC in France, so I'll stick to the German translation. They're a wonderful concoction of a creamy, fresh marshmallow (think marshmallow mixed with mousse) covered in chocolate and flavored with cinnamon, mint, coconut, rum, coffee, and other yummy flavors. I think this will quickly become our new Achilles heel for the season!

Here's the pretty average picture I got yelled at for taking and in turn made me feel so guilty that I bought some. Sometimes a little uncomfortableness is worth it!

The box of 15 that we started out with, including croquant, rum, coconut, cafe mocha, strawberry, cinnamon and mint:

And the favorite unanimously was the mint:

A view of the creamy inside:

We still have a few leftover, but we'll be going back soon for more!

Joie de vivre December 2, 2008 at 3:52 PM

What a wonderful shop, a feast for the eyes as well as the appetite!

Chef E December 2, 2008 at 10:02 PM

You surely know how to ruin my weight loss program! Ha, but they are beautiful...

Lori December 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Those a beautiful! Some day I will make it some Christmas markets in Europe. It is a personal goal. I always end up being there in the summer. I'm loving your posts!

Mindy December 4, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Joie and ChefE, They taste as good as they look (actually better!)

Lori, This is my first Christmas market experience. We usually travel here in the summer too. I love Christmas, so I'm like a kid in a candy store (both figuratively and literally)!

Chef E December 5, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Mindy whats up? No cooking??? I am looking forward to your next blog...and I left you a comment on the Top Chef blog :)

Mindy December 5, 2008 at 3:52 PM

I know, I know...I've been cooking, just haven't had time to post anything! It's the end of the semester, so my husband and I have been busy with the students...

I promise I'll post something this weekend!

Joanna December 6, 2008 at 8:18 PM

those little mouthfuls of heaven look amazing!! the strawberry and coconut sound amazing. i'm jealous!

Debbie December 16, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Those look really yummy. I would so love to live in Europe for awhile. You will have memories to last a lifetime. You just can't get that kind of experience with a few days here and there.

ghada September 7, 2017 at 6:52 AM