Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jalepeño Popper Dip

Have you been invited to a New Year's Eve or Day party and have been asked to bring something to share? I have the perfect dip to bring--it's always a hit when I bring it to parties: Jalepeño Popper Dip.

I wish I had had this recipe when I was pregnant with my first child. The only craving I had that time around was jalepeño poppers. (And I had a strange aversion to poultry, but that's another story!) I kept jalepeño poppers in our freezer at all times and often had them as a "pre-dinner" snack. As someone who has eaten a lot of jalepeño poppers in her time, I'm here to tell you that this dip tastes just like the real thing, but has the added bonus of being a dip! I have this recipe thanks to my cousin, Shannon (who I'm trying to talk into starting her own food blog...hint, hint!). Enjoy!

Jalepeño Popper Dip
Makes enough for a party of 4-6 people. Double the batch and thank me later. :-)

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 pepper jack cheese, grated
1 (4 ounce) can sliced pickled jalapenos, roughly chopped
½-2 jalapeno peppers, minced (Use as little or as much as you’d like depending on how hot you want it. I used about ½-1.)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
1 Tbl butter, melted
Tortilla chips

Directions:
1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
2. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano with the butter and sprinkle over the dip.
3. Bake in a 375F oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 10-20 minutes.

Serve warm with tortilla chips.

Subscribe to free updates from Mindy's Mouthful

Kathy - Panini Happy December 30, 2010 at 12:05 AM

That's definitely the kind of dip I'd have trouble stepping away from. :-) Happy New Year, Mindy!

Lori December 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Wish I had read your post before I went to the grocery today! This looks so great. Perfect for NYE and just about any other time. :)

Chef E December 31, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I love this! Why I also had cravings, and I would pre-eat and then go to the next craving for dinner...I am making this soon. I hope you are feeling well, and wanted to wish you a Happy New Year...I hope all is going well with you!

Shannon January 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM

So, I decided to make this for a NYE party once I saw your post. The BF asked me to save some of the mix to use as a spread on sandwiches. Genius! :)

Mindy January 4, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Shannon, you're BF *is* a genius! I'll have to try it sometime...if we ever have any leftovers! (BTW, I had an awesome BLT that used fried green tomatoes and added a pimento cheese spread in Asheville, NC in October. I'm thinking this would be a good substitute for pimento cheese...)

Dawnie @ The Coach's Wife's Kitchen August 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM

This looks good! My mouth is watering.
Thanks for sharing

mjskit December 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I have one thing to say about this dip - YUMMY!

SkinnyMommy July 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Another one that looks awesome!

Eva Green September 17, 2016 at 8:01 AM

It looks very tasty on the photo. I will cook it for New Year Eve dinner, thank you for receipt. I wonder how different our skills and interests are. I know how to write an amazing essay for college, you know how cook something tasty, the other person knows something else. It is amazing!

Imran Khan February 14, 2017 at 10:21 AM

I am doing a report on this subject. Your article is full of really useful information. I will make sure to come back to check out your posts for my next report. Cheers
Superfan tshirt