Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Inauguration Day Pizza

I know it's a little late to be posting about Inauguration Day, but I'm always a little late with everything, so a week late isn't so bad in my book!

As you know, my family and I are living in France this year. We're about 6 months into our one-year stint, and although we love it, we do miss some things about the US, and we've especially missed being in the US for the big events of the past year--election season, election day, and most recently, the Inauguration.

In honor of the special day, we did what I imagine lots of American families would have done if the Inauguration was happening right smack in the middle of dinner time--we ordered pizza and sat in front of the TV! We have a little pizza joint down the street from our apartment called Come a Roma, and you can order pizza by weight. They have a display case of the daily pizzas, and you tell them how big of a piece you'd like, they weigh it, and if appropriate, they heat it up for you. Most of their pizzas are really tasty, but my absolute favorite is the "Truffe Blanche" or the "White Truffle," and I do a little dance of joy in my heart when they have it.

It's a cold pizza with a foccacia-like base, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, shredded ricotta, and white and black truffle. Sometimes it comes with a drizzle of truffle oil and parmesan shavings.

I'm convinced I can make this at home, but with the price of truffles and truffle oil, it might just be cheaper to walk down the street and order myself a slice!

Lori January 29, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Wow, that pizza looks amazing! Some things are just better (and cheaper) to leave in the hands of others. :) They make an arugula and sun-dried tomato pizza here in Brazil that has become my absolute favorite.

Mindy February 26, 2009 at 6:46 AM

I think I'll leave it to the professionals here in France, but I'm determined to make some from scratch when I get back to Kentucky...

ghada September 7, 2017 at 6:20 AM

ghada September 7, 2017 at 6:20 AM

babel babel March 18, 2018 at 5:44 AM

Babel account & manag contracting companies
The program includes 12 specialized systems in contracting field and providing explanation library of 145 videos with total of 6 hours of explanation
and providing more than 200 questions in the field of contracting and group of essays which serve contracting companies
مكونات الخرسانة الجاهزة
برنامج ادارة العقارات
برنامج محاسبة مقاولات
برنامج ادارة شركات المقاولات
برنامج محاسبة شركات المقاولات
برنامج بابل للمقاولات
برنامج محاسبة مقاولات
المعالجه المحاسبية لضريبة القيمة المضافه .

babel babel March 18, 2018 at 5:44 AM

Babel accounting and managing contracting companies Software is the first in the Middle East according to its spreading among contracting companies and clients in the Middle east and the world soon,,,,,,
I recommenda Babel Software