Monday, November 3, 2008

Another Simple Lunch--Radishes, Radishes, Radishes

The other day I ran across a black radish at the local grocery store. I had heard about these mythical radishes from another American here in Strasbourg, and had been on the lookout. I bought it...but now am not really sure what to do with it! I've heard that it's good grated into some fromage blanc and then spread onto a toasted baguette, so maybe I'll try that tomorrow since I have some fromage blanc leftover in the fridge.

I really like radishes, but I've never really done anything with them except slice them up in a salad. Today I tried radish and butter sandwich, and it was yummy! The creaminess of the butter played nicely with the spiciness and crunchiness of the radish...add a little salt, and voilà, a nice easy lunch!

Peppercorn Press November 4, 2008 at 5:08 PM

I agree totally about the combination of radishes and butter being a beautiful combination. My grandmother always served radishes in her salads, so they always make me think of her lovely dinners. I use a butter and radish recipe myself when catering parties. It is a more modern version, by adding chives, sesame seeds, ginger and sesame oil - but is definitely a crowd pleaser. Since you have discovered the allure of radish tea sandwiches, you should give my recipe a try (on my website). I'd love to hear what you think of them.

Sue November 4, 2008 at 9:27 PM

So interesting. Please take a picture of the inside of the black radish when you cut into it.

I guess eating radishes like that is very French. Ina served them as an hors d'oeuvre in one of her Paris shows. This was the recipe:
/recipes/ina-garten/radishes
-with-butter-and-salt-recipe2/index.html

Chef E November 5, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Yes, for us culinary inquisitive minds, please cut into this and blog...its going on my 'Foods2Try' blog right now! Nice to have my 'French Connection' now...

ane semprul August 18, 2016 at 2:24 AM

This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again. Visit my link as well. Good luck
obat aborsi cytotec
cara menggugurkan kehamilan
obat telat datang bulan
obat penggugur kandungan

Lệ Thối September 30, 2016 at 6:12 AM

It is useful when reading these articles, I have a few days to find these things. It too is excellent, very grateful for your profound contribution
create paypal account