Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Confiserie Schubert in Saarbrücken, Germany

Last weekend, my family and I took a day trip to Saarbrücken, Germany, only about 90 minutes from Strasbourg. When we left Strasbourg, it was a beautiful fall day with a blue sky, but by the time we arrived in Saarbrücken, it was overcast and downright cold! So we stopped in a little café to have a snack (really, a second breakfast!) to warm up. Confiserie Schubert was the perfect place to stop. I ordered a hot chocolate and my husband ordered a coffee, while our daughter ordered herself a true Berliner (jelly-filled doughnut). Our drinks were so cute that I didn't want to drink mine. (I know, I'm a sucker for a little cookie and a tray!) My husband's coffee came with whipped cream instead of the normal liquid version.

The café also had a little storefront for their baked items. The petits fours were so beautiful:

They even had the cutest little hedgehog cakes...I'm not really sure why, but aren't they cute?

once in a blue moon... November 11, 2008 at 10:47 AM

thank you for sharing, they are beautiful!

Chef E November 11, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Oh man these are adorable! Thanks Mindy for sharing. -E

Hillary November 11, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Thanks for sharing the picture of the petit fours! Sooo pretty!!

Chef E November 11, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Hey Mindy, if you read this, I cannot get your site to link to mine, so I can keep up with you, and I do not see an email, so would you go back to mine and link us...I am better at kitchen gadgets than this computer stuff!

Mary November 12, 2008 at 7:35 PM

I have been to Strasbourg, Germany and it is so beautiful. Wow..you are so lucky to live in such an amazing place. I remember the desserts and the cool flower arrangements in tiny pumpkins.

Anonymous,  May 3, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Confiserie Schubert is simply amazing. The chocolate is the finest in the world. When in Saarbrucken, an absolute must try - your world will never be the same.

ghada September 9, 2017 at 9:23 AM