Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Asian Slaw Burgers

So, awhile back, when I made the Asian Slaw, I promised to tell you how I served it.  Well, it's now two weeks later, and I realize that I never told you!  I actually used it to top an Asian burger.  I love hamburgers, but can get a little bored with the typical toppings.  This time around, I thought I'd shake things up and put my slaw on my burger!  And can I tell you that it was delicious?!  I added some Asian flavors to the burgers themselves and added a little wasabi mayo and had myself a little Asian-American feast.  :-)  This makes me want to experiment with other flavored burgers in the future...

Asian Slaw Burgers

1 tsp wasabi paste
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar

Asian Slaw
Hamburger Buns

To make the burgers:
Mix the hamburger meat, ginger, garlic and soy sauce gently in a bowl.  Separate into four parts and make four patties.  Salt and pepper both sides.  Grill over a gas or charcoal grill until done (or cook on the stovetop in a large pan).

To make the Wasabi Mayo:
Combine all ingredients and set aside.  If you are preparing this in advance, store in the refrigerator.

To make the Asian Slaw Burgers:
Toast the hamburger buns.  Slather the bottom with the Wasabi Mayo.  Add the cooked hamburger and top with Asian Slaw.  Enjoy!

Subscribe to free updates from The World in My Kitchen

Hester Casey @ Alchemy in the Kitchen August 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Love the flavours in this burger, Mindy, plus the zing of the wasabi mayo.

Peggy August 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM

This burger sounds awesome Mindy! I love the idea of the wasabi mayo and the slaw just puts it over the top for me - can't wait to try it out =)

Kim Bee August 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM

New follower. This looks so good.

Tres Delicious August 10, 2011 at 3:18 PM

This looks great!! love your photos... No more regular burgers for me.

Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny August 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Mindy this looks incredible and so delicious! So glad I found your blog, new follower! xoxo

thailand villas December 15, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I never tried this Asian burger recipe. I will add this to my favorites alongside the tofu burger and bulgogi burger.

Tania @ A Perfect Pantry June 5, 2012 at 10:07 PM

This looks so yum... I love burgers with slaw:)

best bars to host Corporate Gatherings Singapore June 25, 2013 at 3:36 AM

This post was very nicely written, and it also contains a lot of useful facts.I enjoyed your professional manner of writing the post. Thanks, you have made it easy for me to understand.