Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back from Zürich

We've made it back from Zürich and had a wonderful time. The city is beautiful and relaxed...and just what the doctor ordered after a busy semester and year! If you ever get a chance to visit, I highly recommend it--it's right on a lake and has plenty of places of interest both in the city and in the surrounding countryside.

A view of Zürich from a boat tour:

A view of the Alps from Uetliberg, only a 30 minute train ride from the city:

And a picture of my daughter and I in Rapperswil, a small town on the other side of the lake (with a great view of the Alps, by the way!). I think Sophie was trying out a fake laugh in this picture.

The next couple of weeks are going to be busy ones for us (lots of visitors and a new batch of students), so I may not post as often as usual, but I do have a couple of tasty posts in the works!

Subscribe to free updates from Mindy's Mouthful

Chef E May 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I love the water shots! I grew up near the water fishing, although it was man made lakes, but now when we travel it has to have water!

You know I told you hubby is upset you are moving back, lol, he thought "Wow we would have someone to visit if we went over this fall"... Glad you are making the most of it!

Sarah May 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM

It looks beautiful, my husband has always wanted to visit!

Esi May 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Zurich looks lovely! I have never been, but I have aunts there so I hope to go some day.

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com May 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Glad you had a nice trip! Your pictures are beautiful!

ghada September 5, 2017 at 7:45 AM