Thursday, May 21, 2009

Monday Mouthful: Olé Olé, Cassoulet!

Okay, so I'm mixing my cultures here, but I am excited to make our next Monday Mouthful dish: cassoulet! I love that ChefE over at Cook Appeal has chosen this dish, as I haven't had the chance to tackle it yet...and I only have a few weeks left in France! I found a recipe on the Food & Wine website if you're interested in seeing a time-intensive recipe, but I'm sure that I'll be making the two-year-old-friendly version (which in my world equals a much shorter cooking time). I'll be on the lookout for a recipe, so if you have a good one, please let me know!

We'll be posting about our cassoulet adventures on Monday, June 1st. As always, if you'd like to participate, then drop me an email with the link to your post!

Also, please check out ChefE's sweet version of spaetzle (our last Monday Mouthful challenge)--it looks delicious!

Subscribe to free updates from Mindy's Mouthful

My Carolina Kitchen May 22, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Mindy, I sent you a link to a post I did on Cassoulet a while back. It's with black-eyed peas and chicken - a little different.
Enjoy your trip to France.
Sam

Chef E May 22, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Oh, cool, if you find hers send me the link, so I can post it too!

I bet hers is really tasty!

Okay, can I use the 'button' for my Monday Mouthful reminders? I love it!

Thanks for the shout out, that dish was tasty, we ate it up the next day!

Jamie May 23, 2009 at 6:25 AM

What? What did I miss? Only two weeks left in France? Where do you go?

I am terrified of trying to make cassoulet (yes, I saw Sam's cassoulet on My Carolina Kitchen). Should I? Dare you? I'll be watching :-)

Sarah May 23, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Cassoulets are the ultimate comfort food! I love them!!!

the wicked noodle May 27, 2009 at 7:36 AM

I've never made a cassoulet! I hope yours is perfect!

ghada September 5, 2017 at 7:42 AM