Saturday, May 2, 2009

French Breakfast Muffins: An Easy-to-Make Dessert

This is just a quick post for a quick and easy muffin recipe. I've had a good friend from college visiting me before heading back to Canada for her wedding, so I haven't had time to post, but I was able to make these lovely muffins. I found the recipe over at Velvet Lava and have been meaning to make them for quite a while. What pushed me over the edge was the fact that we had several people coming over expecting a dessert, and I hadn't paid attention to the fact that yesterday was May Day here in France--meaning all of the stores were closed. I had to make something from stuff I already had on-hand, and this muffin is made of just the basics. But they are oh so good...I had hoped to have a few leftover for breakfast today, but they didn't last that long. They were extremely easy to make, though, so I'm sure I'll be making them again soon!

French Breakfast Muffins

1/2 cup milk

Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a mixing bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined, but still a bit lumpy. Don't overmix. Fill your greased muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 muffins, or until they just start to turn a bit golden at the edges.

For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Place melted butter in another small bowl. Dip the warm muffins in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar.

Maria May 2, 2009 at 4:39 PM

These are on my to bake list! They look so good!

Sarah May 2, 2009 at 9:29 PM

oohh! These are also on my bake list!!! Yum!

Chef E May 3, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Wow how simple these ingredients are, and they kind of sound like snicker doodles? They look perfect!

I promise an early post for Monday!

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com May 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM

These look delicious! I could eat these any time of day!

Sat Meher May 4, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Looks delish! I will try to veganize it and let you know of the results!

Lori May 4, 2009 at 8:07 AM

These are so pretty! Such a simple recipe too which means they probably taste wonderful as well! Believe it or not I don't have a muffin pan with me in Brazil. The whole muffin/cupcake shape is rare here. I'll have to try them sometime though!

A World in a PAN May 4, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I'll keep them for tea time .. I'm a savory breakfast person.

Carrie May 4, 2009 at 11:41 AM

These look so good! I love any kind of muffin with cinnamon.

Sippity Sup May 5, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Chef E is right! I first thought snickerdoodle! Which makes these muffins a home run in my book! GREG

kamagra March 1, 2011 at 11:31 AM

This is is a great dessert, it's the perfect excuse to preparing something really easy and delicious, actually I have a similar story because my cousin will come next week to my home and I want to prepare this special recipe, I know he'll be so happy because I like to please him.m10m

ghada September 5, 2017 at 8:43 AM